Last Saturday Kris from Tag Along Teddies popped over, we have been trying to get together for a few weeks now. Kris is great and if you have not visited her blog pop on over.
Kris showed me how to knit, my grandmother taught me when I was a girl but she passed away when I was 11 and I have not knitted since and could not remember how to get started.
I have been really enjoying it as it is something I can grab when I have a few minutes or waiting for my eldest to finish her ballet lesson. There is no set up or clean up:)
Thank you Kris for showing me again. Here is my youngest sporting her new scarf she was so excited when it was finished and has been dragging it around everywhere with her.
Last Saturday I decided to clean out the craft/junk room it is such a mess and I don't know where anything is. Not only does it have craft items in it, it also has unpacked boxes form our last move, kids broken toys, mending and anything that does not fit in the rest of the house. So it is time for a clean out. I am quite embarrassed to show the before photos but figure if I post them I will them be more motivated to clean out the room:)
Sewing, mending and junk and ironing area. So as you can see I can't really use the craft room cause I can't find anything and there is not space to put anything.
After taking the photos I took a break to help the children make some Rock buddies.
Last but not least Kylie from A bit of Country Cupcakes has given me an award. Thanks so much Kylie.These are the rules:
1. The recipient must link back the the awards creator (http://www.thebabblingsofmere.blogspot.com/)
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.Characteristics for the Smile Award:1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human)2. Must love one another3. Must make mistakes4. Must learn from others5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world6. Must love life7. Must love kids
The 5 people I have chosen for the award are.
1.Jo one of my sweet friends who I have enjoyed watching grow into a beautiful woman of God full of love for her creator, husband and family;
2. Merrin, I am really enjoying getting to know you;
3. Candy, it has been fun getting to know you;
4. LeAnn who brings a smile to my face when I read about her life;
5. Robin I have just started reading your blog regularly and have been enjoying getting to now you.