Thursday 28 August 2008

I made something other than cupcakes this week

Well I have been doing another craft this past week. Can you guess.....


Last Saturday Kris from Tag Along Teddies popped over, we have been trying to get together for a few weeks now. Kris is great and if you have not visited her blog pop on over.

Kris showed me how to knit, my grandmother taught me when I was a girl but she passed away when I was 11 and I have not knitted since and could not remember how to get started.

I have been really enjoying it as it is something I can grab when I have a few minutes or waiting for my eldest to finish her ballet lesson. There is no set up or clean up:)

Thank you Kris for showing me again. Here is my youngest sporting her new scarf she was so excited when it was finished and has been dragging it around everywhere with her.


Last Saturday I decided to clean out the craft/junk room it is such a mess and I don't know where anything is. Not only does it have craft items in it, it also has unpacked boxes form our last move, kids broken toys, mending and anything that does not fit in the rest of the house. So it is time for a clean out. I am quite embarrassed to show the before photos but figure if I post them I will them be more motivated to clean out the room:)

My work area where I can look out the window and watch the children play in the garden.
Cupcake area
Junk... Don't you love how I have uses the air walker it is great for holding lamp shades.

Sewing, mending and junk and ironing area. So as you can see I can't really use the craft room cause I can't find anything and there is not space to put anything.

After taking the photos I took a break to help the children make some Rock buddies.




This weekend I will be working on the craft room and hopefully have it all neat and set up by Sunday night. I will post photos when it is finished.

Last but not least Kylie from A bit of Country Cupcakes has given me an award. Thanks so much Kylie.

These are the rules:
1. The recipient must link back the the awards creator (http://www.thebabblingsofmere.blogspot.com/)
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.Characteristics for the Smile Award:1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human)2. Must love one another3. Must make mistakes4. Must learn from others5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world6. Must love life7. Must love kids

The 5 people I have chosen for the award are.
1.Jo one of my sweet friends who I have enjoyed watching grow into a beautiful woman of God full of love for her creator, husband and family;
2. Merrin, I am really enjoying getting to know you;
3. Candy, it has been fun getting to know you;
4. LeAnn who brings a smile to my face when I read about her life;
5. Robin I have just started reading your blog regularly and have been enjoying getting to now you.

13 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Congratulations on your award Bek.

I've heard about your get together with Kris - I bet you two had lots of crafting fun.

Hugs,
Kerryanne

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh Bek...Thank you so much!! You are such a Sweetie...and THANKS for swinging by to get me...LOL.

You are a BUSY Lady...your workspace looks similar to mine..LOL...LOVE the Rock Buddies!!
Hugs,
Robin

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Bek! Wow! You've really taken off with the knitting - good on you!! Just think how warm and cozy you'll be in all the coming Toowoomba winters!!! Good luck with the tidying - I made a small start on tidying my sewing room, but there's still a ways to go!! There's always something more interesting to be doing! Tee! Hee! Hee! Bear Hugs! KRIS (Tag Along Teddies)

Pink Slippers said...

Ipromise I was just thinking the other day..how I want to learn how to knit. I want to make my daughters blankets. Seems fun. Love the rock buddies!

Holly said...

Thanks for the motivation to finish my craft/guest/school/junk room! There is always hope!

candy said...

Awww Bek
Thanks for another award :) :) You are so sweet and so special to me!
I love all these pictures, they were great!! :)
love ya!
candy
xoxoxoxox

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Knitting seems to be very popular in blogland at the moment. I remember my nan teaching me to knit as a child.

Victoria x

roseroomnz.com said...

Hi Bek, I have just sat here for an hour or so and read your entire blog! You are so busy, what with cuppie making, children raising and decorating your home!!!! Am just going to look up on the map where you live! Yep, Cairns was gorgeous, so nice to feel the sun and be warm!!!! Rachaelxo

Suzie Button said...

I am glad to know I'm not alone in the struggle to find a place for all my craft items! It's so difficult to rein them in! Hope you have a great holiday weekend! What a good mom to spend time crafting with the kids!

Linda said...

Hi Bek,
Congrats on the award, you are brave to show the before shots, I need to organise my craft room too but I'm still waiting for hubby to bring some timber home so that I can put a couple of walls in to separate it. Love the lamp holder. LOL.
Cheers Linda

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Bek...I broke the rules and didn't pass it on...I know...I am bad like that.

I can't wait to receive the sugar cubes...I'm pretty excited...LOL

Stop over and see me when you can get a free moment!

Anonymous said...

Hey great knitting. Thanks for the award...I ah, don't know how to post it...but thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!