Monday 2 February 2009

Miss me?

It has been a while since I last posted, been very slack I know. I have had a great break from making cakes and blogging, it has been nice to spend time with family.

This past month I have been getting ready for the new year, updating my diary and calenders, getting school things in order, spending time with my lovely Children.


My eldest started school last week, she is enjoying year 1 so much and has great teachers, my middle child starts pre-prep tomorrow, I am going to miss him soooo much. I think it will be harder for me to let him go than my eldest child, he is such a mummy's boy. I have found a great pre-prep for him and it is walking distance so we can walk together to pre-prep he has a lovely teacher and a nice little class only 16 so far in his group. He only goes 2 days a week this year so we can get use to being away from eachother lol.


I was lucky enough to find this lovely wardrobe for my youngest daughter, it has lovely Queen Anne feet was already painted (I will give it a fresh coat soon) My 3 year old was having trouble opening the door to get her shoes and clothing out so I picked up the tassel for her she pulls on it to open her cupboard. She is so proud of herself. I put some glow in the dark fairies on the door to help her get over using her night light and it seems to be working. She does not want her night light on now because she can't see the fairies when the light is on. As I will be sanding it back and re-painting it having the stickers on there is a big issue esp with the stickers being white and the wardrobe being white. (I just hate furniture covered in stickers it really gets to me and fridges covered in stuff also affects me, but this is one thing I am learning to live with:D )

I also picked up this great scrap bucket for the chook scraps, I had this tacky ice-cream container on the bench. Don't you just love it, my husband does not understand the need of it as he thinks the ice-cream container was just fine. :D

I am now getting back into the swing of things making lots of cakes and yummy looking treats I have had a lovely break from it 6 weeks of not making any cupcakes and I am now ready to get back into it.

I will pop around and catch up on all your blogs over the next week.
Oh I am feeling ready to do another swap so if you hear of one let me know, if I don't find one soon I may just have to host my own....... Creative juices are flowing after my break.

16 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Oh yep Missed ya much!
I too feel like a swap....
They are just sooooo fun!
I had my fella start school for the first time ever today!
And my Middle miss start 3year old acTIVITY GROUP.
I seem so far to have spent much of my day in and out of the car!
I have lost My Mojo for cuppies at the moment...May be to do with the fact I made close to 300 prior to Xmas.
My time has been for the kids....Not so much Juggling .
Anyway take care

Anonymous said...

Hiya Bek,
Great to see you back!
Your daughter looks so cute in her uniform, it's great to hear that she is enjoying being back.
Looking forward to seeing what crafty things you are going to make this year.
Sarah xxx

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Bek! Yes, yes ... you've been missed! I've thought of you every time I walk past my dining room hutch, cos that's where I unearthed your Christmas present when I had a tidy up last weekend - OOPS!! Will have to catch up some time once we both get into the rythum of the year!! Bear Hugs! KRIS

roseroomnz.com said...

School starts here tomorrow for my Princess. Don't they look so grown up in their uniforms! Love the wardrobe and LOVe the scrap bucket. Men just don't get it! Rachaelxo

Alison Gibbs said...

Good to see you back.
Such a busy time of year for everyone and so many changes with kids at school etc.
Alison

Narelle said...

Hi, nice to have you back.
Is Pre-prep like a kindy?
If you pop over to Lurline's Place - lurlineg.blospot.com - she's holding a Happy House Swap.

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Great to see you back Bek, have missed reading your posts. Boy cannot get over the amount of Mums sending their little munchkins off to school for the first time,(really making me feel old here yah know) Your daughter looks so cute in her uniform, I bet she feels a lot bigger now that she is in Year 1! Love the scrap bucket, great find.

Have a great day

Lyn xxx

shabby*vintage*dreams said...

Hi there Bek,
Glad to see you back!! I have to say when I looked at your kitchen bucket I sqeeled with excitement as I just purchased one of those on the weekend, havent got it yet will be a few weeks, I picked a green one to match my kettle, arent they a great idea!!
The wardrobe is a great pickup and perfectly shabby too!! well done!
Take care and blog soon!!
mandii (yep new blog)

Linda said...

Hi Bek,
Glad to see that you are back, your daughter looks lovely in her school uniform, Love the cupboard! Cheers Lindaq

Unknown said...

Hey there...i popped over from another blog and just had to comment on how BEAUTIFUL your cupcakes are! Really Pretty! Happy New to you from Houston, Texas!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bek,
How are you doing? I have kind of lost touch with you but I have you on my favorites now. I love that scrap bucket and the wardrobe, superb!

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

The Vintage Rose said...

Had a lovely visit here - cute schoolgirl! Absolutely gorgeous finds and cupcakes

shabby*vintage*dreams said...

Hey Bek just stopping by hi!!
hope you are well!!
mandii

candy said...

Thanks for your recent comment. I have been sick with the flu and migraines lately.
How are you doing?
Miss ya!!!
:)
candy

Anonymous said...

HI Bek. I haven't been in blogland since November. It's nice to be back. I love the kitchen scraps bin. Just wanted to pop over and see what you've been up to on your blog. Will try and email you soon. xo

kanishk said...

Your daughter looks so cute in her uniform,

Work from home India