Wednesday 24 September 2008

Carnival of Flowers

I just love the School holidays, I can spend some time with my eldest, she started school this year and I miss her terribly when when she is at school.

This week Toowoomba had hosted it annual Carnival of Flowers. On Saturday we went to the parade, the Children really like going to this, lots of fun:)

Here area a couple of photos.




Today we went on a Train Ride to Spring Bluff. Spring Bluff is an old Train station they have restored. It is a lovely place for a picnic and during the Carnival of Flowers they run train rides from Toowoomba Station to Spring Bluff.


We went with some friends from out Playgroup.


At Spring Bluff ready for a picnic.



They were all given a train stamp. The conductor came around dressed in an uniform from about 1914 and he rang the boarding bell for the children and sang a song with them.
Yummy Mum finally made cupcakes I can eat.
Lots of places to explore
An old carriage that has been turned into a kiosk.
This house is now a Cafe.
Lovely flowers everywhere.
Train ride back home.

It was a lovely day, now the Children are watching TV quietly and I am going to visit some blogs:)

5 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Looks like a lovely day out!!
I find schoool holidays exauhsting though being out of routine is nice.
But we seem to always be off here or there,
And your outing looked like a super fun day!
Your kiddos are cuties too!

Unknown said...

What beautiful children you have Bek! It looks like a wonderful family day!

Hugs,
Amy

Anonymous said...

What an amzing time out you all had!! Certainly looks like a SUPER fun place to play!!
Mandii

Marina Capano said...

What a nice day have had! so cute kids!

visit me anytime!

Marina

Linda said...

Hi Bek,
Looks like you had a great day out, looks like I'm going to miss the carnival again this year, I love going up there for the carnival it is so beautiful.
Cheers Linda